Thursday, September 27, 2012

Money and Toast

By coincidence when I pulled out the 20 dollar note for the taxi I noticed it had the Mid Autumn Festival featured on it.  You can see children building and lighting rabbit shaped lanterns, this is just as my colleagues described.

J kindly model it for me while I took a picture;  I think he is getting used to all my random picture taking now and patiently pauses for me to capture the moment :-)


The streets are quite dressed up and the mooncake sales are on the rise. Just in time for us to head to South Korea for 6 days. Whew, after my 3 day work week I'm ready for a holiday! No sarcasm there, it has been a busy few days.

So yes, that means the next couple of days will be no new Hong Kong content, but I'll perhaps pull up some favourite HK moment from my earlier trip.


In the mean time, I have to share this strange sight I captured while running an errand - Mona Lisa mural made out of TOAST! Toast that had been burnt to varying degrees was stuck on a wall in a shopping mall. Oh wait, its Mona Lisa holding an Ice Cream made out of Toast. 
Definitely weird but fun. 
So next time the kids are burning toast, perhaps it is just for the next school art project Mum :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I'm curious to know what you think too!